Students in the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (CEMS) at UVM can find and apply for internships in several ways:
- The UVM Catamount Job Link
- The new CEMS Internship Program (see below)
- UVM's Health Outcomes Research Internship Program
- The Vermont Technology Council
- CEMS Internships: Resources
The Catamount Job Link is UVM's job and career management system where employers can post jobs and internships and students can search and apply for jobs and internships. The benefits of this system are that it is fast and convenient, employers can reach students from all UVM colleges and departments, and students have access to all possible internships on the system.
In addition, the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (CEMS) at UVM is in the process of developing a special Internship Program with internships available only to UVM students in CEMS. CEMS will partner with local companies to offer paid, competitive internships to CEMS students at UVM on an annual basis.
Employers & Students
- To post or apply for a job or internship via UVM's Catamount Job Link, click here.
- For information about joining the 2015 CEMS Internship Program as a student or employer. (learn more)
- For general information about posting or applying for internships, please email Alicia Ellis, Internship Coordinator at Alicia.Ellis@uvm.edu
Faculty & Staff
- For information about the 2015 CEMS Internship Program and how you can get involved. (learn more)
- If contacted by an employer about potential internships or employment opportunities, please forward the information to Alicia Ellis, Internship Coordinator, at Alicia.Ellis@uvm.edu
Employer & Student Intern Profiles
For a description of some of the internships that students have completed, please click here.
4 Year Plan for Career Success
Developing your career direction begins during your first days at UVM. Each step you take builds skills, insights and experiences that will serve you after graduation and over a lifetime.
Begin each year at UVM with a plan to maximize your engagement and stay on track towards your goals. Through exploration and reflection you discover more opportunities that are a good fit for you and so continue the cycle of growth.
Below you will find Blank Yearly Plans and Sample CEMS Plans for ideas of steps to take.
|Blank Yearly Plans||Sample CEMS Plans|
|Plan First Year||Sample First Year Plan|
|Plan Second Year||Sample Second Year Plan|
|Plan Third Year||Sample Third Year Plan|
|Plan Fourth Year||Sample Fourth Year Plan|