Darren L. HittPh.D., Johns Hopkins University
Office hours: Mondays 1400-1500h and by appointment
Title: Director & Professor
Area(s) of Expertise:
Small spacecraft propulsion and engineering; orbital mechanics; micro-scale thermofluid engineering
- Hitt, D.L., Lowe, M.L. and Newcomer, R. 1995, "Application of Optical Flow Techniques for Flow Visualization", Phys. Fluids, vol. 7, 6-8.
- Hitt, D.L. & Smith, M. K., 1993, "Radiation-Driven Thermocapillary Flows in Optically-Thick Liquid Layers", Phys. Fluids vol. 5, 2624-2632.
- Hitt D.L. and A. Prosperetti A., 2005, “Viscous Forces on Acoustically-Levitated Gas Bubbles,” J. Nonlinear Analysis.
- McGarry M. and Hitt D.L., 2005, “Assessing the leakages rates from punctured submerged vessels,” Environ. Fluid Mech., Vol. 5 (4) , 341 - 355
- Papari M.M., Hitt D.L. and Campo A., 2005, “Dual Influence of Temperature and Gas Composition of Selected Helium-Based Binary Gas Mixtures on the Thermal Convection Enhancement in Rayleigh-Benard Enclosures,” Intl. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 48, 5081-5088.
- Harris T.R., Hitt D.L., and Macken N., 2004, “Prediction of Interfacial Positions in Steady Converging Microchannel Flows at Low Reynolds Numbers,” Journal of Fluids Engr, Vol. 126, 758-767.
- Zhou X. and Hitt, 2004, “POD Analysis of Coherent Structures in a Transient Buoyant Jet,” J. Turbulence, Vol. 5 (28).
- Hitt D.L, Zakrzwski, C.M. and Thomas M.K., 2001, “MEMS-Based Satellite Micropropulsion Via Catalyzed Hydrogen Peroxide Decomposition,” Smart Mater. Struct., vol. 10, 1163-1175.
- Fedele F. and Hitt D.L., 2006, “Transport, Growth and Stability of Weakly Rarefied Pulsatile Channel Flows,” J. Comp. Theo. Nanoscience (in press).
- D.L. Hitt and M. McGarry, 2004, "Numerical Simulations of Laminar Mixing Surfaces in Pulsatile Microchannel Flows," J. Math and Comp in Simulations, IN PRESS
- M. McGarry, A. Campo, and D.L. Hitt, 2004, "Numerical simulations of heat and fluid flow in grooved channels with curved vanes," Numerical Heat Transfer A, Vol. 46, pp. 1-13.
- Fedele F. and Hitt D.L., 2005, “Linear Stability of Pulsatile Slip Flows in Microchannels,” Far East J. Appl. Math., Vol. 21(1), 31-41.
- Fedele F., Hitt D.L., and Prabhu R.D., 2005, “Revisiting the linear stability of pulsatile pipe flow,” Eur J Mech B - Fluids, Vol. 24 (2), 237-254.