John VoightPh.D., University of California, Berkeley
Office hours: See homepage for current office hours.
Title: Assistant Professor
Area(s) of Expertise:
Arithmetic algebraic geometry and number theory
- Quadratic forms that represent almost the same primes, Math. Comp. 76 (2007), 1589-1617.
- Computing CM points on Shimura curves arising from cocompact arithmetic triangle groups, Algorithmic number theory, eds. Florian Hess, Sebastian Pauli, Michael Pohst, Lecture notes in computer science, vol. 4076, Springer, Berlin, 2006, 406-420.
- Arithmetic Fuchsian groups and Shimura curves, Quaternion algebras (with David Kohel), Associative orders (with Nicole Sutherland), Handbook of Magma functions, eds. John Cannon and Wieb Bosma, Sydney, ed. 2.14, 2007.
- Curves over finite fields with many points: an introduction, Computational aspects of algebraic curves, ed. Tanush Shaska, Lecture notes series on computing, vol. 13, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, 2005, 124-144.
- On the nonexistence of odd perfect numbers, MASS Selecta: Teaching and learning advanced undergraduate mathematics, Svetlana Katok, Alexei Sossinsky, and Serge Tabachnikov, eds., American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2003, 293-300.