The Student Services team welcomes you to the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. We look forward to working with you throughout your time as a UVM student.
We are located in Votey Hall, room 301, and our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. You can schedule appointments through our front desk or by emailing email@example.com.
Spring 2017 Academic Advising Drop-in Hours:
- Monday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Marnie Owen, Matt Manz)
- Tuesday 9:00 - 11:30 am (Amanda Wells)
- Tuesday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Genevieve Anthony)
- Wednesday 9:00 – 11:30 am (Matt Manz)
- Thursday 9:00 – 11:30 am (Genevieve Anthony)
- Thursday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Amanda Wells)
Spring 2017 Career Advising Drop-in Hours:
- Tuesday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Lauren Petrie)
- Wednesday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Lauren Petrie)
Spring 2017 Graduate Student Drop-in Hours:
- Tuesday 9:00 – 11:30 am (Samantha Williams)
- Thursday 4:30 – 6:00 pm (Samantha Williams)
Some of the services we provide to current students
- Primary advising for first year engineering majors and undeclared students in CEMS
- Secondary advising for all CEMS students
- Connecting students to available resources on campus
- Monitoring academic progress
- Coordinating requests for substitutions, waivers and credit-by-examination
- Determining degree completion status and eligibility to graduate
- Notifying faculty when students are missing classes due to serious illness or an emergency
- Advising on academic components of the study abroad process
- Certifying students for engineering licensure exams (FE, PE)
- Providing registration support and assistance with schedule conflicts
- Implementing the academic standards of the College and in cooperation with the CEMS Studies Committee
- Coordinating requests for late withdrawals, leaves of absence and incompletes
- Signing student forms that require the Dean’s signature (for example, the Change of Student Status form)
Marnie Owen is the Assistant Dean of Student Services in UVM's College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences (CEMS). She holds a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, Magna Cum Laude) and a Master of Education (Higher Education & Student Affairs Administration) from the University of Vermont. Her previous roles have included Coordinator of Transfer Evaluation at the Community College of Vermont, Records Analyst in the UVM Office of Transfer Affairs and Academic Advisor and Director of Student Services in CEMS. Marnie's professional interests include academic advising methodology, student recruitment and retention, and international education. Outside of the University, Marnie enjoys books, soccer and yoga. She moonlights as a hot yoga teacher at Tapna Yoga in Burlington's South End.
Genevieve Anthony is a Barre, Vermont native and a 2012 graduate of the University of Vermont. After earning a degree in Civil Engineering, Genevieve now works as an Academic Advisor for the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. Genevieve also works as a House Corporation member for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority. She enjoys fitness, church, and rooting for the Bruins.
Matt Manz is the Academic Advisor for International and Special Programs in UVM’s College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. He graduated from St. Lawrence University with a BA in Spanish, and has previously worked in study abroad and in graduate admissions. Matt enjoys hiking, skiing, playing and watching sports, and playing with his pets.
Lauren Petrie is the Coordinator for the Career Readiness Program in the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences (CEMS). After receiving her Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies, Business) in 2014 and Master of Science (College Student Personnel) in 2016 from the University of Rhode Island, she relocated to Burlington, VT to work at UVM. She has worked in many areas in the higher education field, including first year experience, orientation, health education, career services, and a women’s center. When she’s not coordinating professional opportunities with employers and UVM CEMS students, Lauren enjoys paddle boarding, snowboarding, farmers’ markets, and spending time outdoors with friends.
Amanda Wells is the Academic Advisor for Student Services & Recruitment in UVM’s College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science from Johnson State College, where she also completed the Science Teacher Education Program. Prior to joining UVM, Amanda worked as an Academic Advisor for a small Vermont college and previously served as the Student Development Coordinator for TRiO Upward Bound – a federally funded college preparatory program for low income and first generation college students. Amanda’s professional interests include supporting first year and disadvantaged populations. She enjoys being outdoors, listening to music and watching football.
See the links to the right for commonly requested information and materials.
By phone: (802) 656-3392
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 301 Votey Hall, 33 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405