The Student Services team welcomes you to the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. We look forward to working with you throughout your time as a UVM student.
We are located in Votey Hall, room 301, and our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. You can schedule appointments through our front desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2016 Drop-in Hours
- Monday 1-4 PM (Genevieve Anthony)
- Tuesday 1-4 PM (Marnie Owen)
- Wednesday 9 AM - 12 PM (Matt Manz)
- Thursday 9 AM - 12 PM (Genevieve Anthony)
- Thursday 1 PM - 4 PM (Matt Manz)
Some of the services we provide to current students
- Primary advising for first year engineering majors and undeclared students in CEMS
- Secondary advising for all CEMS students
- Connecting students to available resources on campus
- Monitoring academic progress
- Coordinating requests for substitutions, waivers and credit-by-examination
- Determining degree completion status and eligibility to graduate
- Notifying faculty when students are missing classes due to serious illness or an emergency
- Advising on academic components of the study abroad process
- Certifying students for engineering licensure exams (FE, PE)
- Providing registration support and assistance with schedule conflicts
- Implementing the academic standards of the College and in cooperation with the CEMS Studies Committee
- Coordinating requests for late withdrawals, leaves of absence and incompletes
- Signing student forms that require the Dean’s signature (for example, the Change of Student Status form)
Marnie Owen is the Director of Student Services in UVM's College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences (CEMS). She holds a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, Magna Cum Laude) and a Master of Education (Higher Education & Student Affairs Administration) from the University of Vermont. Her previous roles have included Coordinator of Transfer Evaluation at the Community College of Vermont, Records Analyst in the UVM Office of Transfer Affairs and Academic Advisor for Student Services in CEMS. Marnie's professional interests include academic advising methodology, student recruitment and retention, and international education. Outside of the University, Marnie enjoys books, playing soccer and Bikram Yoga.
Joan Marie Rosebush
Joan Marie Rosebush (“Rosi”) is the Director of Student Success in the University of Vermont’s College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. Rosi is also a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics. She earned both a Master’s Degree in Education, specializing in mathematics education, and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Administration from Saint Michael’s College. She earned her undergraduate degree, a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a concentration in Mathematics, at the State University of New York College at Cortland. While at SUNY Cortland, Rosi took as many mathematics courses as she could because they were fun for her! It is this enjoyment of mathematics that she hopes to instill into her students!
Genevieve Anthony is a Barre, Vermont native and a 2012 graduate of the University of Vermont. After earning a degree in Civil Engineering, Genevieve now works as an Academic Advisor for the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. Genevieve also works as a House Corporation member for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority. She enjoys fitness, church, and rooting for the Bruins.
Matt Manz is the Academic Advisor for International and Special Programs in UVM’s College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. He graduated from St. Lawrence University with a BA in Spanish, and has previously worked in study abroad and in graduate admissions. Matt enjoys hiking, skiing, playing and watching sports, and playing with his pets.
See the links to the right for commonly requested information and materials.
By phone: (802) 656-3392
By email: email@example.com
By mail: 301 Votey Hall, 33 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405