Posted on September 12, 2013 with No Comments
Welcome to your final year at UVM! Those who have gone before you have the wisdom of hindsight: knowing what they wish they had done differently.
Here are some mistakes that you can choose to avoid:
1) Waiting until March to think about what you want to do after graduation.
2) Not taking advantage of Winter Break for networking and informational interviews.
3) Not articulating your skills and strengths and just hoping that employers will magically see your potential.
4) Procrastinating on polishing your resume and sample cover letter until there’s a really good opportunity you want to apply for.
5) Not taking advantage of opportunities to continue to get career experience throughout your senior year, i.e. internships, campus leadership, volunteer etc.
Wondering how to avoid these mistakes and start your senior year off right?
Join us at Careers and Coffee, the kick-off event for a year-long career series especially for seniors! Because how you start your senior year will help determine how you finish it.