Posted on February 8, 2011 with No Comments
Did you know that Catamount Job Link has a great feature that helps you create your resume? All you need to do is log into your Catamount Job Link account and follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Documents” tab at the top of your homepage.
- Click on the “Resume Builder” tab
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Create a Resume” button.
Resume Builder will take you step by step in building a professional resume without the hassles of formatting the page. Your document will be submitted to Career Services for review, and then we will send our feedback via email. All resumes will be reviewed and accepted or recommended revisions will be sent to you within two business days. After revisions are made, you can then re-submit your resume for approval. Please plan ahead for employer deadlines.
Once it’s approved, you will have a resume that can be used for applying to jobs within Catamount Job Link and beyond. If you have any questions, come visit us during our Drop-In hours, M-Th., 1-4pm or attend our Resume Jumpstart on Mondays at 4:15pm.
Posted on February 2, 2011 with No Comments
Spring semester is here and arriving with it, right on schedule, is career stress. Every day students come in worried about everything from majors, internships, resumes, career goals, and advanced studies to their purpose in life.
How do students reduce this stress? By taking action, one small step at a time. Start that resume, learn about how majors and careers connect, or talk to one person about a career field. To help, Career Services has a full schedule of workshops and events, as well as a web site jam-packed with resources and job postings, and skilled professionals ready to meet with students to smooth the way.
This semester we welcome 2 new staff members–both UVM alumni. Lisa Torchiano will be offering career counseling and leading our alumni career programs, and Vanessa Santos Eugenio will be coordinating employer visits and managing our technology.
Here’s a quick list of some ways to get started. Watch www.uvm.edu/career for more, including events for specific career interests!
Prepare with: See Our Calendar of Upcoming Events
Resume Jump Starts- Mondays at 4:15 in L/L E166
Market Yourself to Get Hired – Tuesdays at 4:15 in L/L E166
Senior Speed Event (Resumes, interviews, job searching)
Resumania! (Experts review your resume while you wait)
Resume Review through Catamount Job Link (upload your resume and we’ll review it)
Etiquette Dinner (Senior Class Council)
Meet with employers or research potential employers:
Catamount Job Link (Job and employer database)
Networking Night – Vermont (3/22 – 6PM Grand Maple Ball Room – Davis Center)
Networking Night – Washington, DC (In April - TBA)
Use web site resources:
Resumes & Cover letters
Choosing a Major
Dress to Impress
Considering Graduate School — Pre-law, Pre-health, Education & others
Consult with experts:
Drop-ins–10 minute quick consultations–are available Monday-Thursday between 1:00 and 4:00
Appointments can be scheduled in advance by calling 802-656-3450 or stopping by Career Services in L/L E140
Hope to see you soon!
Category: Career Exploration, Catamount Job Link, Cover Letter, Dress to Impress, Event, Helpful Resources, Internships, Job Searching, Networking, On-Campus Interviews, Staff, Uncategorized, majors, resume
Posted on December 20, 2010 with No Comments
Have you logged in to Catamount Job Link yet? Catamount Job Link is UVM’s complete recruiting system for internships, full-time, part-time, and summer jobs. Here are a few ways to get the most out of Catamount Job Link:
- Login and update your profile. Note that current students log in using their netID and password from this page. Alumni can request accounts by clicking on the Alumni button on that page. Keeping your profile updated with your contact information and career interests will help keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that fit your interests.
- Search for jobs and internships. If you have a specific position in mind (for example from our weekly email or the Career Services homepage’s New on Catamount Job Link), you can search by posting ID number–just type it in the search box on the top right of your CJL homepage after logging in. You can also search by choosing “Catamount Jobs” under the “Job Postings” option at the top of the screen.
- Learn about Employers by clicking on “Employers” at the top of the screen. You can search employer profiles to see company websites, descriptions, and contact information for when you’re ready to start networking.
- Set up automated email alerts to let you know when a job you might be interested in is posted. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to set up these alerts.
- Upload your resume so you’ll be ready to apply for positions. To upload your resume click on “Documents” and then the “Add New” button. If you are looking to create a resume, use the Resume Builder to help you create a draft.
- Keep an eye out for upcoming events and on-campus recruiting visits including information sessions and on-campus interviewing. You can apply for positions and schedule interviews right in Catamount Job Link!
- Connect to Facebook for event reminders, interview sign-ups, and job alerts. Click on “Connect to Facebook” on the top right when you first log in to CJL.
How are you using Catamount Job Link?