Eligibility, Cost, and Benefits
To purchase the UVM Student Health Insurance Plan (UVM SHIP), students must pay the UVM Health Fee and meet other eligibility criteria.
Eligible students include:
- Any undergraduate, graduate, medical college or continuing education student taking 6 or more credits.
- Any graduate student enrolled in 5 or more credits.
- International students holding F-1 or J-1 visas.
- Students who have enrolled for Continuous Registration (Grad 902 or Grad 903).
Student Health Insurance Rates:
UVM SHIP is billed to your UVM Student Account at the same time as your tuition. Full-year insurance is billed in two installments.
|Full Year||August 1—July 31||$2,740|
|Fall Only*||August 1—December 31||$1,142|
|Spring/Summer Only**||January 1—July 31||$1,598|
* Fall-only coverage is available ONLY to students graduating in December.
** Spring/Summer-only coverage is available ONLY to students who were not eligible for UVM SHIP coverage in the Fall (for example, because they did not take enough credits).
Again, students must also pay the UVM Health Fee to be eligible for UVM SHIP. The Health Fee covers routine/preventative CHWB health care and counseling services.
Important Note: Students who have purchased the UVM SHIP who later withdraw from school or fall below 6 credits (5 credits for graduate students) may keep the insurance policy for the remainder of that semester, but they become ineligible for CHWB services (even though they have also paid the Health Fee). These students will have to seek care elsewhere.
UVM SHIP Benefits:
For more information about the UVM SHIP plan:
- Visit www.universityhealthplans.com (Select 'University of Vermont')
- UVM SHIP Summary of Benefits and Program Brochure
Last modified May 30 2013 01:47 PM