When: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:00-7:00 PM
Why: celebrate and introduce school food service staff and communities
to food purchasing from local farms,
and to bring communities together for food and health in schools
Who: Food service directors, school cooks, farmers,
superintendents, school board members, legislators,
school nurses, students, teachers, parents…anyone interested in the health and nutrition of our schools
· Learn the benefits and mechanisms of local purchasing
· Hear from Vermont food distributors, farmers, kitchen managers and many more!
· Plan with a working Food Council to develop your own
· Learn how to build your own local farm to school connections
· Enjoy a fresh, delicious, local foods dinner!
If you would like a brochure, please call NOFA at 802.434.4122 with
your name and address,
and we will send you one towards the beginning of October.