University of Vermont

RSENR Student Services changing majors

Changing Majors

Changing majors is a common and straightforward process. As long as your grade point average is 2.00 or better, you will be able to transfer into virtually any major on campus. If your grade point average is below 2.00 you may not be able to transfer immediately. Most academic units, including the Rubenstein School, will not officially transfer a student to a new major if that student is on academic probation.

Students who are currently enrolled in another school/college at UVM: Complete and submit the Transfer Authorization Form. Once this form is complete you will be contacted by email with further information. (*In order to view and save a fillable pdf form, you will need to have Adobe Reader XI installed. Download Adobe Reader XI: For assistance, contact our RSENR IT Specialist, Seth O'Brien:

Rubenstein School students who wish to change majors within The Rubenstein School: Talk to your first-year advisor or current advisor about the major you are interested in; you may also want to meet with the Program Chair for the major you want to enter. Complete and submit the online Registrar Form.

Rubenstein School students who wish to switch to a major in another academic unit: Contact the college or school's Dean's Office responsible for the major you want to enter. Each college and school has its own way of handling the administrative details.

If you have any questions, contact the Dean's Office at or 802-656-2911.

Last modified November 28 2016 11:51 AM