University of Vermont

Vermont New Farmer Project Vermont New Farmer Project
Financial Aid Information

Financial Aid through the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)

Vermont Non-Degree grant


A Vermont resident enrolled in a non-degree (non-matriculated) course that will improve employability or encourage further study is eligible to apply for a Vermont Non-Degree grant.

An applicant may receive a Non-Degree grant for up to two enrollment terms per financial aid year (July 1 – June 30), and a total of six terms of Non-Degree grants in a lifetime.

Classes can be taken at any of the following in Vermont or out-of-state:

• a college
• an educational institution such as a high school or technical center that offers a continuing education program
• a private organization that offers training courses.


The grant award amount is based on financial need and the cost of the course. The maximum award amount per term is determined each year by VSAC based on funding availability.

How to Apply

You can complete the Non-Degree application online. Applications are also available at Vermont Department of Labor offices, vocational centers, other schools, and VSAC. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available.

To learn more, please visit the VSAC website at:

Last modified November 17 2010 11:08 AM