Whole Farm Planning Course for Beginning Women Farmers is looking for Farm Women Mentors
Are you an experienced farmer? Are you familiar with whole farm planning or willing to learn? Would you enjoy sharing your knowledge with other women farmers?
The Vermont Women’s Agricultural Network is looking for three individuals to act as farmer-mentors for a whole farm planning class that is being offered as part of a Beginning Farmer Development Program organized by Holistic Mangement International. This is a great opportunity for experienced farmers to get training in Whole Farm Planning as well!
What we will ask of you:
- Attend the first three training session (you are welcome to attend others but these are required to meet and learn with your protégées).
- Agree to mentor up to five farmers with less than ten years of experience.
- Agree to make one site visit to each farm. Be willing to learn about whole farm planning.
- Complete all required reports and evaluations requested.
What you will get in return:
- Honorarium of up to $600 (based on mentoring 5 farmers).
- Travel stipend.
- Whole farm planning materials and education.
- Satisfaction from helping a beginning farmer succeed.
To apply to be a mentor, please fill out the application form below.
If you require accommodations to participate in this program, please let Jessie Schmidt (see contact info below) know by October 29, 2010 so we may assist you. Questions? Contact Jessie Schmidt, VT Women’s Ag Network at 802-223-2389 x203 or email Jessica.A.Schmidt@uvm.edu.
Last modified September 13 2010 09:06 PM