Family Description: SPECIALIZED FAMILY
The Specialized Family positions provide routine to complex assistance, coordination, and oversight of precise functions within diversified bodies of work that require a specific area of expertise and minimum of two years postsecondary course of study, or training.
Specialized work is both exempt and non-exempt. The Fair Labor Standards Act covers non-exempt work. A minimum of an Associate’s degree, specialized training or skills, and one to four years of related experience is required.
The Specialized Family is comprised of multiple ALTERNATE CAREER PROGRESSION job standards, based on defined bodies of work.
Alternate Career Progression Job Standards:
- Business/Accounting Specialist
- Clinic Assistant
- Communications Specialist
- Data Specialist
- Executive Assistant to the President/Provost
- Facilities Analyst
- Information Technology Assistant/Programmer
- Interpreter/Translator Specialist
- Library Specialist
- Medical Laboratory Specialist
- Medical Technologist
- Nursing Specialist
- Outreach Specialist
- Process Coordinator
- Program Specialist
- Residence Director
- Student Services Specialist
Last modified November 07 2016 03:17 PM