Community Food Network Development
UVM Extension offers consulting and technical support for groups working to increase easy access to wholesale food produced in their communities.
Start-up support strategies in include:
- Identifying and cultivating interested farmers and food vendors.
- Inventorying of existing food infrastructure and potential markets.
- Identifying and organizing potential community food buyers (Institutions, stores, restaurants, buying groups.
- Cultivating low-cost solutions to aggregating product within communities.
- Building easy-access on-line markets to aggregate product and billing, and provide market reporting (visit www.windhamfarmandfood.org to see an example).
- Available for ongoing trouble shooting for start-up food networks/markets.
- Available for public presentations on local food networks cultivation.
- Consulting on practical food safety plans and GAP certification for Vermont farms selling to wholesale markets.
Local Food Network Coordinator
UVM Extension, 11 University Way Suite 4, Brattleboro, VT 05346-4423
802-257-7967 or 1-800-278-5480 (toll-free in Vt.)
Last modified November 30 2011 11:17 AM