Educational Programs and Resources for
Vermont's Agricultural Community
Vermont maintains a long tradition of quality agricultural practices and pursuits. Whether you're a large-scale commercial farmer, a berry farmer or someone raising horses, UVM Extension serves as a needed resource to Vermont farmers/breeders by providing relevant and timely resources.
Take advantage of one of our upcoming 2013 educational programs:
- Organic Dairy Producers Conference (March 1)
- Transferring the Farm (March 13)
- Vermont Grain Growers Conference (March 14)
- Grazing Symposium (April 1)
** Visit the Extension Events Calendar for info on other programs. **
Are you a Vermont youth?
Check out the agricultural learning opportunities through 4-H and other Extension programs for youth.
Use Value Appraisal Program
The Use Value Appraisal (Current Use) law allows the valuation and taxation of farm and forest land based on its remaining in agricultural or forest use instead of its value in the market place.
For application forms and instructions see the Ag and Farm Business Management Insurance and Tax Information section.
Related episode from "Across the Fence"
Proper Planning for the Transition of the Family Farm (February 21, 2012)
- Did you know? "Across the Fence" is the longest-running daily farm and home television program in the country. And it's produced right here in Vermont, addressing needs and interests of Vermonters.