Crops, Soil and Pasture
Ensuring a high quality and healthy harvest requires education and planning. Farmers who are actively involved with nutrient management plan development gain an understanding of current regulations while learning the importance of nutrient management from an economic and environmental perspective.
Find information ...
UVM Extension Agronomy Resources
- Champlain Valley Crops, Soil & Pasture Team
- Northwest Crops & Soils Program
- Vermont Crops & Soils [Extension partner site]
Helpful events and current issues
- Such as grazing conferences, renewable energy farm conferences, soybean performance trials and more [Extension partner site]
- Organic vegetable production resource area
Pasture and grazing
- UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture's Pasture Program offers practical guidance, various forms of technical assistance, education, and outreach to farmers. Factsheets on grazing, watering systems, pasture improvement tools etc., are available to download from their resources section.
- Species selection, pasture management, fertilization and nutrient management, weed management and more[Extension partner site]
Soil, fertilization and nutrient management
- Soil fertility, phosphorus index, constructed wetland research and more[Extension partner site]
- Soil and manure testing: Learn more from UVM's Agricultural and Environmental Testing Lab[Extension partner site]
UVM participates in eXtension: A national organization creating rich education for local Extension programs.
Corn silage and grain
- Growth and development, economics of, varieties and more [Extension partner site]
- Expert Frequently Asked Questions on corn and soybean production
- Species, forage, weed and nutrient management, harvest, poisonous plants and more [Extension partner site]
- Hay production resources from Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Explore Vermont berry info, cold climate grape production, organic apple production and more in the Extension gardening berries, fruits, vegetables section.
Annual field crops
- Variety, nutrient recommendations, nitrate toxicity and more [Extension partner site]
- UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture [Extension partner site]
Last modified March 07 2013 08:20 AM