Add/Remove a TA in a Course
(or Course Builder, or Student with an Incomplete)
Instructors can add TA's, Course Builders, and students who have incomplete status to their courses. This is done within the MyUVM portal in the following way:
To Add a TA
- Log in to MyUVM - you may have to click on the Faculty tab to proceed (see image)
- On the right, in the Blackboard area, choose "Grant Access to Your Bb Space" (see image)
- Choose a term from the drop down list, then choose a course (see image)
- Enter either the person's NetID or a student ID and then choose the role you would like to grant to this person. (see image) » Read these role definitions, below.
- To add TA's to a different course, you'll need to return to the "Faculty Tab" (see link on upper left of page), and there, click "Change Course" (see image), select the new course from the list, and click Submit.
- On this page, choose Blackboard Additions and follow the above steps. (see image)
To Remove a TA
- Follow the above steps 1-3 to get to the Blackboard Additions screen. Enter the student's NetID, but choose "Remove BB Access granted here" (see image)
Definitions of the Available Roles
- Teaching Assistant
- A Teaching Assistant (TA) has the same access to all areas of a course as the instructor. If you don't want the TA to have access to the Bb grade center, consider the course builder role, instead. Note: If a TA has authorization and access to enter grades into Banner, then she will automatically have instructor access to the Blackboard course. You do not need to add her with the method described on this page.
- Course Builder
- A Course Builder has access to edit most areas of content, but does not have access to the grade center.
- Student with an incomplete
- A student can only be added with this role if this student has received an incomplete for the same course and this information has been previously entered in Banner.