APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REQUIREMENTS
Applications for graduate admission to any UVM program must be submitted online to the UVM Graduate College The deadline to submit an application to the Graduate College for admission to the CMB Program is December 1st. The application form requires:
- General application and associated fee,
- Three letters of recommendation,
- Official transcript of all colleges attended,
- Statement of purpose (personal summary of interest),
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Subject GRE’s are not required,
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for non-US residents.
Please note, the minimum TOEFL score for the CMB Program is 100 . Also, all applicants must have the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree, which consists of 16 years of formal education.
If you have any questions about your qualifications as an applicant, please email us.
OUR ADMISSIONS REVIEW PROCESS
All submitted applications will be reviewed for appropriate qualifications, skills, knowledge, motivation and competitiveness. The most competitive applicants will be asked for an interview by telephone, Skype or in-person.
Our on-campus interview consists of a full weekend stay to provide ample opportunities for potential students to interact with faculty and current students, as well as learn about Burlington and the surrounding area. This year our 2017 on-campus interviews will be January 13th-14th and January 27th-28. Official offers will be sent by the Graduate College soon after applicants are informed of their acceptance.