University of Vermont

College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Student Services

CALS Student Services

Student Services PhotosThe Student Services Office of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is dedicated to supporting it's students needs. The Student Services Office is available to all students and is located in 106 Morrill Hall. Please feel free to stop by or call us at 802-656-2980 during our office hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are available to help students with many processes, including:

  • Add / Drop Course Changes
  • Audit / Pass / No Pass Course Changes
  • Credit by Exam
  • Major / Double Major / College Change
  • Addition of and removal of a Minor
  • Withdrawal
  • Incomplete courses
  • Late Drop from courses
  • Leaving UVM for Leave of Absence / Study Abroad / Medical
  • To go over 18 credits in any given semester
  • Re-admission to CALS / UVM
  • Any other support you might need.

Please stop by the Student Services Office to pick up forms, to be readmitted into CALS or UVM, transfer colleges, or to tell us your intent to graduate. In addition to student support services in CALS, the University of Vermont provides a great range of support services available to students. The University of Vermont Student Services pages provide a complete list of resources which should answer many of your questions regarding campus student services resources.

Electronic Forms

Academic Probation Procedures

  • At the end of a semester if your GPA is below a 2.00, the CALS Studies Committee will meet to discuss your situation and decide what your status will be for the following semester. The following is a link to requirements for readmittance to UVM.
  • Your status in CALS is determined by the severity of your probation. A letter is sent to each student with the studies committee expectations.
  • The Student Services Office and your Advisor are available to help you avoid serious problems. Feel free to contact us for assistance.
  • In order to graduate from CALS, you need at least a 2.00 GPA. If you are interested in transferring into CALS, you also need at least a 2.00 GPA.

Help With Personal/Health Issues

  • If you are ill and missing only one day of classes, you can contact class professors by phone or e-mail directly and leave a clear message including your name, the section of the class you are in, and that you are ill and will be missing the class.
  • If you are ill or experiencing a personal problem that will cause you to miss more than a day of classes, you must contact Rose Laba in the Student Services Office. She will notify the instructors for you, but you will also need to work with that instructor to discuss his/her expectations in reference to your absence.
  • It is important that you as the student (not your advisor and not your parent) contact Student Services directly if at all possible. By doing so, we will have a very clear understanding of the nature of the illness or problem and how we can best help you.
  • We are here to help and can link you to other helpful resources such as the Center for Health and Wellbeing, the Counseling Center, or ACCESS (Accommodations, Consultation, Collaboration, and Educational Support Services)

Student Services Staff

Dr. Josie Davis
Associate Dean

Dr. Josie Davis manages the Student Services Office, farm activities, and is an Animal Science faculty member. Dr. Davis consults on student advising issues and judicial matters and is involved with many College events including: Orientation, Open Houses, Jump Start for Juniors, Admitted Student Visit Days, and Commencement. Hours: By appointment Email: or call 802-656-2980.

Rose Laba
Enrollment Manager

Rose is involved with academic matters that involve forms: Change of major/college, declaring a major, declaring a minor, permission to study abroad, permission to go over 18 credits, taking a course incomplete, Add/Drop/and Withdrawal, and the Senior Records Check. Rose works with issues of academic standing and coordinates the CALS Studies Committee. She manages Honors Day in April and degree audits for Commencement. Hours: M-F, 8:00 - 4:00 Email: or call 802-656-0289.

Whitney Northrop
Student Services Specialist
Whitney is involved in a wide variety of recruitment and retention efforts with students at CALS. She manages several scholarships, events, and updates the College website, catalogue and other marketing materials. Whitney manages many events for CALS including Orientation Sessions, Open Houses, Admitted Student Visit Days, Advisor Workshops, and Commencement.She is also involved with several UVM projects such as the schedule of courses, course evaluations, phone-a-thons, and the ALANA Student Banquet. Hours: M-F, 8:00 - 4:30 Email: or call 802-656-2980.


Last modified September 02 2015 09:08 AM

Apply to UVM
Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131