We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2024. The application review process will run from February through July, 2024.
The application is designed to provide a variety of ways to demonstrate ability and capacity to successfully engage and complete this graduate program. Please reach out if you have any additional questions about the application process or program. Tuition, fees and financial support info can be found here.
We also offer a Leadership for Sustainability Fellowship program which can be tailored for 1 - 2 years. The Fellowship can be credit or non-credit bearing and is designed for individuals who are interested in the program, but do not want/need a Masters Degree. Please contact Drusilla Roessle at Drusilla.Roessle@uvm.edu for more information about the Fellowship and Fellowship application process (which is different from the grad college application process described below).
- Complete the Online Graduate College Application (apply for Fall 2024)
- Select LEADERSHIP FOR SUSTAINABILITY as your program choice
- Follow upload requirements
- Accepting applications on a rolling basis (next round of review will begin on February 1st, 2024)
- Rolling consideration for internal scholarships
- Late-February: first-round acceptance decisions made, rolling admissions thereafter based on availability
- Late-February - July: ongoing rolling admissions
- Program begins with a 3 credit week long intensive in late August.
Applications will require:
- Graduate College Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- College transcripts/certificate descriptions
- TOEFL scores for those whose native language is not English, and who have not earned a degree from a U.S. institution or an institution in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or an English speaking institution in Canada, Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria.
Statement of Purpose Prompts
In your statement of purpose (~1,000 words), please address the following prompts:
- What attracts you to the MLS program and how might the program support you to catalyze the change you wish to create in yourself and in the world?
- What do you lead? Reflect on where you currently are in your leadership journey, and the learning and leadership edges/questions/challenges you wish to explore through the program.
- Elaborate or reflect on what motivates you as a leader and/or is inspiring you toward a deeper life calling.
Letters of Recommendation
We recommend that you choose letters of recommendation that can speak to these three criteria:
- Your leadership experience
- Your willingness to engage with ambiguity, complexity and tension in a learning community
- Your capacity and willingness to receive feedback and take an open stance toward learning