The Wheelock Barn is currently closed. There are no public sales at this time.
Under normal circumstances regular operating hours are every Tuesday from Noon - 1:00 pm. We only accept checks or department chartstrings and all sales are final. No returns, refunds or guarantees. Items must be removed from the premises at the time of sale and hauling, trucking and labor must be arranged by the buyer.
How Surplus Property Sales Work
- When surplus sales are happenining both the UVM community AND the general public are welcome to stop and shop.
- Sales to the General Public: We accept checks only, payable to "University of Vermont." We do not accept credit cards or cash. All prices are inclusive of a State of Vermont 6% Sales Tax and a 1% Burlington Local Option Sales Tax for a total of seven (7%) Sales Tax. All sales are final.
- Sales and Donations to Non-Profit Organizations: Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations must bring certificate of tax-exempt status and pay with an official agency check to receive a discount.
- Sales to UVM Departments: UVM departments may shop during our regular weekly Tuesday sale. Departments must bring a UVM Chart String to pay for items. Please use the Peoplesoft form to write your Chart String number legibly.
What's for Sale?
- Browse our photo album for examples of typical items for sale.
Directions to the Wheelock Barn
The Barn is located at the corner of Swift Street and Spear Street in South Burlington. Directions using google map.