Who we work with
The UVM Press collaborates with leading scholars and scholarly societies to develop innovative publishing projects. Affiliation with UVM is not a prerequisite for publishing with the UVM Press.
We partner with scholarly societies and their representatives to establish new open-access journals or to transition existing journals to an open-access platform. We also partner with scholars at all career stages to develop books and book series in their areas of expertise.
How we work
Our publishing model is built on shared responsibilities and a commitment not to profit, in any way, from published material. Collaborators agree to:
- Publish digitally under a diamond open-access model, using Creative Commons licenses
- Utilize only the publishing platforms and resources provided by UVM Press
- Forgo any and all processing charges, subscription fees, and membership requirements associated with their published material
- Engage in a fair, rigorous peer review process
- Maintain a rolling publication schedule (for journal articles)
What we do
Staffed by a managing editor of journals and a books editor, the UVM Press provides consultation, strategy, editorial, and production services on a case-by-case basis.
We also provide access to, training on, and support services for PubPub and Open Journal Systems, the open-source publishing platforms that host our published journal content.