We sincerely hope you will consider joining the family of Lane Series supporters, whose contributions are integral to helping us achieve our mission of bringing a unique combination of arts, education, and culture to the community.
Lane Series income comes from four important sources: ticket sales, a yearly dividend from our founding endowment, gifts from businesses and indiviuals in direct support of our concert and events, and donations from individuals to our Annual Fund.
In addition to the general support of our Series, donors to our Annual Fund make the following Lane Series outreach activities possible:
- Free tickets for underserved community members through our ARTIX program
- Pre-and post-show talks with our artists
- Master classes with musicians for University of Vermont students, grade school and high school students, and members of our community
- $10 and under student tickets
- Educational outreach activities, including workshops, classes, and seminars
- Post-show receptions that include an opportunity to meet the artists
- Collaborative performances with cross-campus and community partners
Ticket sales and the endowment created by the Lane family in 1955 have never covered the costs of a Lane Series season and the important activities listed above. We therefore rely on the generosity and support of individuals in our community to continue to help make our valuable institution thrive.
Your tax-deductible gift to the Annual Fund can be generally designated to the Lane Series or can be specifically designated to the Lane Series Concert Artists Fund (which supports classical chamber music and solo recitals). In addition to check and credit card payments, we welcome gifts of stock and securities, and we can also help you if you are intered in making a planned gift or charitable bequest. Please call our office at (802) 656-4455 with any questions.
You can make your gift securely on line or mail your gift to: UVM Lane Series, 392 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405.
You can also name a seat as part of the UVM Recital Hall Renovation and Expansion Seat Campaign. For more information, click here, or give directly by clicking on the button below.