A time to join your campus friends, colleagues, and leaders to celebrate those who are reaching annual milestones, and to recognize the dedication and hardwork our campus community continues to uphold to ensure the UVM mission continues and our employees are happy, healthy, and appreciated!
Staff Milestone Recognition Video - 2022
Celebrating staff milestones in words
Show Staff Appreciation All Year Long!
Our staff is our most important resource, helping us maintain our mission and meet our goals to educate and enlighten. It is important to rally together and demonstrate our appreciation for one another. Here are some simple ways we can celebrate employee excellence any time of year:
- Say "thank you." In-person or in a thank you note, saying thank you is a simple and deeply meaningful gesture of appreciation.
- Recognize achievements when they occur. Don't wait for annual recognition events. Acknowledge employee achievements immediately.
- Set calendar reminders for upcoming birthdays, milestones, or anniversaries and acknowledge them on those days.
- Encourage staff to engage in work-life balance opportunities.
- Host Staff Retreats (educational or social focus) in-person or via MS Teams.
- Allow staff to participate in Professional Development and Training classes.
- Keep your team connected! Disengagement and disconnection is a real downer! Get together with remote employees on MS Teams regularly to share projects, news, and just check-in.
- Keep abreast of and announce Staff Council activities and programs!
Staff Appreciation Information & History
For years, UVM has had a tradition of celebrating staff during Staff Appreciation Week. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic changed the traditions but not the University's deep appreciation for the hardworking employees that keep operations running smoothly.
Members of the Staff Appreciation Committee continue to work hard to ensure all staff are acknowledged with an annual Social on the Green and that staff celebrating milestones are recognized for their years of service to UVM. Now, instead of holding recognition luncheons and dinners for staff celebrating 10, 15, 20, and 25+ milestones, these employees receive a choice of special gift cards either to the Farmhouse Group (supporting local) or VISA gift cards. This allows staff for greater flexibility in meeting their personal preferences. In addition, staff celebrating 20+ years of service to the university are able to select a special gift from a catalog featuring hundreds of quality items (via Awards Network).
We continue to appreciate the ongoing commitment of UVM staff and thank all staff members for their patience as we make our way back to campus and continue to celebrate our staff traditions.
Staff Appreciation Video & Photo Archives
Celebrating Staff Milestones for 2021
Words of Thanks from President Garimella to UVM Staff
UVM has terrific resources available to employees from discounts to wellness! Check them out at the following sites:
Staff Give Back!
Volunteerism is one of the ways faculty and staff show their connection to the University and greater community. Through campus partners like Staff Council, the Office of Engagement, and external parners like the United Way, UVM employees can find and share unique and valuable opportunities to work together to enrich the lives of others. Find out more about engaging with our community and share your story with the Office of Engagement.