Blackboard Ally: Hands-on Workshop
August 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
A small, colorful, meter now appears next to your files in Blackboard… will yours be red or green? To help ensure that our Blackboard course spaces are accessible to all students, UVM has implemented a new tool, Blackboard Ally. This new feature checks files against federal guidelines and, if necessary, helps you improve the files. It also provides alternative formats of those files to your students (e.g. HTML, audio, tagged PDF, eBraille, and more) so that all your students can benefit.
Join us for a session where you will learn:
- what accessible files are and how they make courses more inclusive
- how Ally can help you identify accessibility issues
- which issues can be fixed quickly to boost your accessibility score
- how to use features in Word, PowerPoint, or even your photocopier to make your documents accessible from the get-go
- what alternative formats might mean for your students
The workshop will be facilitated by Hope Greenberg (email@example.com).