Dr. Jennifer Laurent has been a practicing family nurse practitioner in a Vermont rural family practice working with individuals and families since 1997. She transitioned her practice to GoodHealth in South Burlington where she maintains an active practice in internal medicine. Dr. Laurent joined the Department of Nursing full time in the fall of 2011 after teaching clinical graduate course work at the University of Vermont part-time since 2003. In addition, Dr. Laurent serves on the Vermont State Board of Nursing and APRN subcommittee for the Vermont Board of Nursing.
Awards and Recognition
- Vermont State Nurses Foundation Recognition Award, 2009, 2010
- Freeman Nurse Scholarship for Doctoral Studies, 2005-2008
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Dr. Laurent’s research focuses largely on how dietary sugars affect brain reward circuits, gut metabolism, and eating behaviors such as addictive-like eating in obese adolescents.
- Ph.D.; Duquesne University, 2010
- M.S., Nursing; University of Massachusetts-Lowell, 1997
- B.S., Nursing; University of Connecticut-Storrs, 1991
- GRNS 405 – Advanced Neuropsychopharmacology
- GRNS 415 – Primary Care Management of Acute and Common Health Conditions
- GRNS 419/420/421 – Primary Care Management of Chronic and Complex Health Conditions