On a visit to the UVM campus in 2014, Aline Demers ‘55 asked to see the Clinical Simulation Laboratory, a space that didn’t exist when she attended college. The “Sim Lab” opened in Rowell Hall in 2011 to allow for a sense of realism and real-time problem solving with supervised instruction in a low-risk setting.
The patient moaned as a health care provider pressed on his abdomen and rolled him onto his side. She asked him to rate his pain, took his pulse and listened to his breathing through a stethoscope. When she suggested he take medication for the pain, he resisted and expressed fear that taking medication would prolong his stay in the hospital.
Patients discharged from Gifford Health Care in Randolph, Vermont, are less likely to suffer relapses or require readmission than before, thanks to a Quality Improvement project by Megan O’Brien, a CNHS Postgraduate Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) student.
- Nursing Students Observe Acute Care Setting
- Taking the Lead
- Coats of Honor
- Applauding CNHS Past and Future
- Mary Val Palumbo Named Director of Interprofessional Education
- Open House for CNHS Alumni, Parents and Family
- Family Panel Discussions for Students
- Professor Jason Garbarino Attends International Congress on Gerontology and Health Industry
- Nursing Faculty Attend International Research Congress
- Promoting Public Health in Marginalized Communities
- 1 of 2
- next ›