Appletree Bay Primary Care in Burlington marked five years as a nurse practitioner-led practice in August. The busy outpatient center offers a unique, real-world setting for students to gain experience.
The Department of Nursing celebrated an incoming class of 139 undergraduate and 24 direct-entry graduate nursing students with its sixth annual white coat ceremony on Friday, Oct. 4. The event is held in conjunction with UVM Parent and Alumni weekend.
Origin of the white coat
Erin Leighton, Doctor of Nursing Practice ’20, begins her work day at Appletree Bay Primary Care by triaging email and phone messages from patients, hospitals and health care providers. She routes the messages to her fellow clinicians and health care partners, and answers questions from patients about their symptoms, medication needs or self-care instructions.
- Learning Together: Interprofessional Education in CNHS
- Student Spotlight: Upward Bound with Key Nguyen, Nursing ’21
- Nursing Alumna Named Nurse Leader Fellow
- Students Present Research at Zeigler Forum
- 2019 Zeigler Research Forum
- Students’ Achievements Celebrated at CNHS Honors Tea
- Solving the Word’s Problems: Students’ Research Has Real-World Application
- Kappa Tau Honors Kevin Perry
- Kids Find Comfort at Camp Kesem
- Meet Esther Micena Matos, Nursing ‘19
- 1 of 5
- next ›