Update (April 2020): Catamount Farm is running its CSA this season. Due to COVID-19, we will not have students on the farm this spring and summer. With fewer hands on site, we are taking a pause on the following aspects of the CSA:
Flower Share, November Box, December Box, and the Pick-Your-Own Garden
We are still offering the regular CSA, Apple Shares, and maple syrup. Thank you for your understanding.
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship of mutual support and commitment between farmers and community members. CSA members buy a share of the harvest prior to the growing season, and in return receive a selection of healthy, fresh produce each week.
Benefits of being a CSA member
- Gain the comfort of knowing where your food comes from and the farmers who grow it.
- Provide yourselves and your family with healthy, fresh food that was grown with ecologically sound practices.
- Eat local and help minimize the amount of fossil fuels that go into transporting and packaging our food.
- Feel the satisfaction that comes with helping support the education of aspiring farmers and food systems advocates.
- Enjoy a 10-15% savings each week compared to retail and farmer’s market prices.