The mission of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AAEO) is to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and university policies related to discrimination. Our focus is to provide these assurances through multiple avenues, including consultation, investigation, and connecting community members with appropriate support service.
- Thorough and impartial investigations of complaints of discrimination and harassment.
- Institutional leadership for the design and implementation of campus-wide programs in support of diversity.
- Where appropriate, serve as a neutral dispute resolution resource in discrimination and diversity-related issues for all members of the campus community.
- Provide effective training and education about discrimination, affirmative action, and diversity.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the University's affirmative action plan as an effective recruiting and compliance tool.
- Develop, promote, and monitor effective methods of recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty and staff.