Staff Council News
Staffline: August Edition
Since the Spring, Staff Council has been working to update its current communication methods to better serve the needs of staff. As part of this process, Staffline has become an e-newsletter similar to other e-communications like News You Should Know and UVM Today. Although we will no longer create a .pdf of Staffline in a more traditional newsletter format, you will still be able to find the same great information, announcements, and articles you've come to expect by simply clicking on the links below.
Remember, if you print any of the information found in Staffline, please choose the double sided or multiple page option on your printer to reduce paper usage.
Please consider following the Staff Council on Twitter and/or Facebook or bookmark our RSS feed to find out the latest from Staff Council.
EDUCATION OUTREACH CAMPAIGN
Educate Yourself. Make a Decision. Vote!
Efforts are underway to hold an election to determine whether a union will represent non-exempt staff in the Administrative, Technical and Specialist job families at UVM. Staff Council, as the governance body to the non-represented staff, has not formed an opinion or taken a position on these organizng efforts. Our decision not to assert a position is based on the fact that:
- Our organization is built upon the voice of staff
- We have always wanted to respect the freedom of choice for all staff at UVM
Our mission is to seek out and respond to the ideas and concerns of staff while keeping staff informed of major University initiatitves, policy, and events. In the spirit of this mission, and having heard from many non-represented staff with questions about the upcoming election and voting process, we are encouraging all non-represented staff to educate themselves on what this election means for them.
Our goal is to help all staff make an informed decision and to encourage non-represented staff who are eligible to get out and vote. In the coming days, all non-represented staff will be receiving a flyer through campus mail from Staff Council that has more details about where you can find information on this important topic. Take the time to learn more about your choices, the election process, and union organizing.
Information for Staff
- Human Resource Services News:
- Visit our website to learn how you can get involved in Staff Council. Our next Staff Council meeting is Tuesday, August 7, 2012 from 12:05pm - 1:30pm in the Waterman Building, Memorial Lounge.
- The deadline for the September Edition of Staffline is Friday, August 17, 2012. This edition will be distributed on September 4, 2012. For more information about submission guidelines and deadlines, please visit the Staffline webpage.