Student Financial Services
Medical Student Scholarships
There are two major sources of The Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine scholarships: Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine Scholarships and Service Scholarships. Beyond these sources, students should search for outside scholarships. Medical students who are 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill can also apply for the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship.
The Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine Scholarships
- Eligibility factors include academic achievement, merit, diversity, and socio-economic background.
- The Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine Admissions department is responsible for choosing and notifying recipients (FAFSA information is not required).
- Students are only considered for these scholarships when they are accepted into The Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine.
- Award amounts vary for each student, but generally range from $5,000 - $25,000 per year.
- Scholarships are generally renewable up to four years if making satisfactory academic progress.
- No separate application needed.
There are variety of service oriented scholarships for medical students that will pay full tuition and fees, books and supplies, plus a monthly stipend for living expenses while the student is enrolled. Specific terms and conditions vary among service organizations. Click here for more information on the available programs.
Outside scholarship assistance is perhaps the largest source of potential funding for students. The best resources for exploring these scholarships are bookstores and libraries. There are also a number of websites that can assist you in finding outside scholarship assistance. Here are some websites and outside scholarship foundations to help start your search:
- U.S. News
- Adirondack Community Trust
- AMA Foundation
- American Society of Hematology
- Charles River District Medical Society
- Essex South District Medical Society
- One Medical Group Scholarship
- Pisacano Leadership Foundation
- Worcester District Medical Society
- Foundation for Seacoast Health
- Jan Egerton and Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship
- The White Coat Investor Scholarship
- Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship
Last modified October 07 2016 02:54 PM