Residential Learning Communities
Interested in Applying to a Residential Learning Community?
- Incoming First-Time, First-Year Students
- Incoming first-time/first-year, transfer and exchange students should apply to join a RLC or Living/Learning Center program using the on-line Programmed Housing Common Application. The Programmed Housing Common Application is available in your myResLife portal.
- In order to complete any programmed housing application(s), you must first submit a Housing and Meal Plan contract, which you will also find in your myResLife portal.
- You should complete a separate application for each program or community that you wish to apply for. You should rank your preference for each program. We recommend that new students apply to as many programs as they are interested in to increase the likelihood that they will be admitted. All programs do have spaces available for new students, but some programs have limited space.
- Please complete your applications thoughtfully. Respond to each essay question in 100 - 200 words.
- All housing and meal plan contracts and programmed housing applications are due by June 30, 2014. You can adjust your preferences for each program until June 30; after that date, the preferences on file cannot be changed and will be used to by staff to determine placement.
- Link to the MyResLife Portal: https://reslife.uvm.edu/dashboard
- Current UVM On-Campus Students
- The application deadline for Residential Learning Communities (Arts Initiative, Dewey House for Community Engagement, Global Village, GreenHouse and Health & Wellness) and for Living/Learning Center Programs was March 10. However, if you missed that deadline and/or wish to apply to additional programs or communities, it may still be possible for you to apply.
- Visit Res Life's Website for more information:
- For more information about finding housing on campus, visit
Learn more about our Residential Learning Communities:
Links to Other Learning Communities:
Last modified May 14 2014 11:19 AM