We will meet with anyone, anytime, anywhere to discuss IBB. Contact Alberto Citarella to schedule a meeting.
- The Final Report of the IBB Steering Committee to President Sullivan is now available.
- President Sullivan's Response to the Final Report of the IBB Steering Committee
In academic year 2012-13, the University community engaged in a discussion about the characteristics and operation of its existing budget model. Those discussions included governance leaders, Trustees, academic and administrative business managers, members of the Faculty Senate, and other constituents. There was uniform agreement over the model’s problems: lack of transparency, too much complexity, little flexibility, and few incentives.
President Sullivan has asked Provost David Rosowsky, in his role as UVM’s Chief Budget Officer, to lead the effort to develop a new incentive-based budget (IBB) model for the University. The Provost will chair the IBB Steering Committee that will be responsible for the final recommendations that will be made to the President on the design and methodology of an overall incentive-based budget model for the University of Vermont.
There will be much information forthcoming and broad consultation and briefings, including faculty, staff, students, and governance and academic leaders. Please consult this IBB site often for information, updates and opportunities to provide feedback.
The development, implementation and continuing assessment of the new Incentive-based Budget Model will be guided by the Academic Excellence Goals for the University of Vermont and the following principles:
- Creates incentives that promote academic quality and excellence
- Creates incentives at all levels of the University that promote financial sustainability
- Encourages innovation and entrepreneurship throughout the University
- Provides transparency, clarity, and predictability
- Can be easily understood, is easy to implement and operate, and is flexible
- Can operate in all cycles of the economy, whether robust or downturn
Last modified July 11 2014 09:19 AM