174-76 North Street appears much the same in plan as it did when the 1877 Bird's-Eye-View map was drawn. This three-bay gable-front house with a side porch has a two-story matching addition extending at ridge-level from the rear of this structure. The peaked lintels and first-story bay window point to Italianate influences. The entire structure is clad in wooden shingles, a later addition.
The first known resident of this house was James McGettrick, an employee of the CVRR. The 1885 Burlington City Directory lists Thomas Goyette, a laborer, and Kate Goyette as residents of this address.
 C. Richard Morsbach. Historic Sites and Structures Survey, 176 North Street, Burlington Vermont. July 10, 1978.