This two-story, gable-front ell house, built between 1870 and
has several fine Italianate details, including low-peaked lintels over the windows, a peaked door hood sheltering the main door, and a bay window with segmental arch hoods over the sashes. This house retains its original clapboards and decorative slate roof. Several additions have been built on the side and to the rear of the house.
The first known occupant of this house was Peter Lander, a
lumber company employee who lived at this address from the early
1880s though 1915. His son lived in this house until the 1950s.