University of Vermont

Office of the General Counsel

What should I do if a government agency representative calls, knocks on my door, or otherwise notifies me that they will be on campus?

The staff person, faculty member, receiving a communication from government regulators should politely inform the regulators of the University’s Government Review Protocol, transmitting a copy via email, FAX or, if the regulators are on campus, by hard copy.  The staff person or faculty member should next immediately inform their supervisor of the communication.  Either the supervisor or, at the supervisor’s request, the person who received the communication should then immediately contact the Vice President for Executive Operations, who is the official responsible for administering government reviews.

All materials provided on this website, including the contents of linked pages, are provided for general informational purposes only. While we seek to provide links to current and authoritative information, neither UVM nor this office guarantees the accuracy of information accessible online; therefore, this information must not be relied upon as substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney. Please contact a UVM Office of the General Counsel attorney to obtain current legal advice specifically responsive to your questions.

Last modified November 28 2016 03:16 PM