- Strategies for the Globally Diverse Classroom
- Using Camtasia for Screencasting (Mac)
- Book Group: “Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning”
- Teaching in Higher Education
View Events Calendar
Distribute Grades to Students with the Grade Center
The Blackboard Grade Center is where you can:
- See your class roster
- Enter grades manually
- See grades that are automatically generated from a test you have set up
- Create calculated and weighted grade columns
- Find the results of surveys
- View student work submitted via the assignment tool
Grades can be downloaded as a spreadsheet file for back-up purposes or for editing, e.g., if you have grading formulae or requirements more complex than Blackboard can handle. They can then be uploaded back into Blackboard to be distributed to students.
How to use the Grade Center
Things to consider
For students to be able to view their grades, you will need a link to "My Grades" in the Course Menu. Note that when students click on "My Grades," they can view only their grades and no one else's.
If you do not already have a link to "My Grades" in the course menu, follow theses steps.
- In the Control Panel, click Manage Course Menu
- Click "+Tool Link"
- From the drop down menu, choose "My Grades"
- Click Submit
Note: Only students can use the "My Grades" area and see only their own grades.
Instructors and TAs must use the Grade Center link in the Control Panel.