- Visualizing, Presenting, and Analyzing Tabular Data
- Teaching in Higher Education
- The Global Gateway: Understanding International Students' Experience
- Creating Conditions for Dialogue across Difference - A Blackboard Jungle Workshop
View Events Calendar
- Grants & Awards
- Kroepsch-Maurice Award
Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award
About the Award
The Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Awards recognize faculty for excellent instruction. They memorialize Robert H. and Ruth M. Kroepsch and her parents, Walter C. and Mary L. Maurice. Robert H. Kroepsch served as Registrar and Dean of Administration at UVM from 1946-56. His wife, Ruth, graduated from UVM in 1938 and her father, Walter Maurice, graduated from UVM in 1909. All four of them were teachers.
Areas considered for selection include:
- Excellence in instruction (including learning experiences outside the traditional classroom)
- Capacity to animate students and engage them in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding
- Innovation in teaching methods and/or curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity
- Ability to motivate and challenge students
- Evidence of excellent advising
Each recipient will receive $2,500.
The 2016 Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients:
Associate Professor: Stephen Dempsey, Grossman School of Business
Assistant Professor: Kathleen M. Scollins, German & Russian
Lecturer: Sarah Turner, English
Excellence in Teaching: A Discussion with the 2016 Kroepsch-Maurice Award Recipients
The 2018 Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award Nominations Open
Do you know an outstanding professor? The Kroepsch-Maurice Award, with a $2,500 prize for recipients, is a great way to recognize their hard work.
Deadline for nominations: April 25, 2017.
Use this form to submit a nomination. Please give as much detail as possible; incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Back to top
Patricia Mardeusz, Bailey/Howe Library
Diane Jaworski, Neurological Sciences
Stephen Dempsey, School of Business Administration
Brenda Solomon, Education and Social Services
Wayne Schneider, Music & Dance
Stuart Whitney, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Elizabeth Wright, Environmental Program
Back to top