University of Vermont

College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

How Do I Transfer Into the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) from another College or School at UVM?

The minimum grade requirement for changing majors and colleges at UVM is a 2.00 GPA. If you are thinking of changing majors, contact a department staff person of that major and make an appointment with a faculty member to discuss the program further.

Find out, before you do all of the paperwork, what the requirements are for that major. Certain departments in CALS require an application to transfer. Animal Science (ASCI) and Nutrition and Food Sciences (NFS) want to see proficiency in the sciences before accepting new students into their program. More specifically ASCI would like a prospective transfer student to have taken ASCI 001 and Chemistry 023 or 031. NFS would like their prospective transfer students to have taken NFS 043 and Chemistry 023. Proficiency is considered to be a grade of C or better in a class. Once accepted, a Change of Major/College form must be filled out.

A Change of Major/College form can be submitted electronically. Click here to visit the Register's Office Website and submit the form online. You may also obtain the form by visiting CALS Forms, Procedures, and Policies Webpage or CALS Dean's Office at 106 Morrill Hall.


Click here to visit CALS REPS Webpage. CALS Student Representatives will be happy to answer any questions you may have related to CALS academic and student resources.

Click here to read testimonials from CALS students.

Last modified December 08 2011 01:40 PM

Apply to UVM
Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131