Billings, one of the university’s most distinctive and historic halls, is once again slated to be a library.
Fifteen years down the road from the Nobel Peace Prize, Jody Williams ’72 shares her advocacy for peace in a VQ interview and excerpt from her new book.
Burlington, Vermont, and New Canaan, Connecticut, possess a mutual heritage and allure for UVMers.
After a life-altering ski injury, Roy Tuscany ’04 has stayed in the sport he loves by helping others do the same.
One pair of glasses at a time, Jordan Kassalow ’83 is creating and preserving livelihoods around the world.
- Following the MelodyNew music, new tour, Jay Nash ready to roll
- Messages to MaudeSpecial Collections' postcard series provides insight into early-twentieth century student life at UVM.
- A Fulbright to FilmAlumna Nilima Abrams' film project documents progressive Indian school.
- Fine Food in the FratWith a fine Italian chef in the kitchen, life is very good at Alpha Gamma Rho.
- Endowment preserves Pringle Herbarium Century-old endowment keeps UVM's Pringle Herbarium vital.
- Out of the CarElectric cars are good, but faculty member Richard Watts says not getting behind the wheel is far better.
- Interview: Will Alexander G'06 A conversation with Will Alexander G'06, author of Goblin Secrets, winner of the National Book Award for young people's literature.
- Joining Science and Art Rosemary Mosco's knowledge of the natural world, skills as an artist, and sense of humor come together in creating cartoons that just might teach you something.
- 130 Years and CountingGenerations of UVM students have learned about reporting and editing, photography and layout, late nights and immovable deadlines and the thrill of a byline at the Vermont Cynic.
- From Lofty Idea to Lasting BusinessBuilding a dorm-room loft bed for a friend more than twenty-five years ago put alumnus Frank DeVita onto a business idea that’s still going strong.
- On the Storm FrontLeon Heyward '81, Trevor Jackson '83, and Nancy Barthold '83 take key roles in NYC's Sandy emergency efforts.
- Aiken's Green RoofThe eco-cred of the renovated Aiken Building rose another notch this fall with the installation of research watersheds up on the roof.
- PPG and GPATeammates, roommates, and fellow student scholars in UVM's Honors College, Sandro Carissimo and Luke Apfeld are leaders on court and in class.
- Making Movies, Creating ChangeIn a career dedicated to advocacy on environmental issues, the latest film production by Jill Rosenblum Tidman '94 is the Redford Center's Watershed: Exploring a New Water Ethic for the New West.
- Positive ForecastChris Walters '96 embraces the challenge as The Weather Channel's new chief operating officer.
- Lights! Camera! Real Action!Matt Getz '05 and colleagues received a 2012 Emmy Award for cinematography for their outstanding work in tough circumstances on "Deadliest Catch."
- Veggie Carpaccios to Nectar's friesMelissa d'Arabian, Food Network host and author of Ten Dollar Dinners, has practical advice for students learning to cook for themselves
- A Fine Hive MindOne of the world's foremost experts on Africanized bees—AKA "killer bees"—entomologist Dewey Caron '64 returned to UVM this summer as chair of a major beekeeper's conference.
- The Good FightA quick look at the UVM debate team.
- Ice Sheets, Isotopes, & Musk-Ox PizzaIn the field on the rapidly melting ice of Greenland with geology professor Paul Bierman and colleagues as they seek answers to the questions of climate change.
- Convocation 2012First-year president welcomes first-year students as the academic year kicks off in ceremonial style.
- Running through the PastA rambling conversation with author Caleb Daniloff '94 about his new book, Running Ransom Road.
- On GoalSoccer coaches Jesse Cormier '95 and Kristi Lefebvre have their squads ready to take it to new levels.
- Alumna's innovation creates opportunitySasha Fisher '10 and her non-profit spark community development in Africa.
- Tell me what (cheese) you eat…Professor Paul Kindstedt's journey into the history and meaning of cheese.
- Campus CenterpieceVideo showing the fountain on the Green fully restored to its original design this spring, complete with a cherub on top.
- DC3Alumni aiding the powerful and powerless in the nation's capital
- Mark DeMichaelis '87Mark DeMichaelis '87 has grown Olivia's Organics into a major produce player
- Jessica Greer Morris '90Catching Up with Jessica Greer Morris '90, one of Newsweek's "150 Fearless Women"
- A Day in the Life of UVM Photos, videos, and text documenting October 11, 2011 on campus
- Farmed Out Learn how CALS is now directly supporting research on a half-dozen best-practices partner farms located within an hour of campus.
- Through the Eye of a Student Slideshow of images capturing the lives of students and his own life
- A Living Lab Video exploring the new life sciences laboratories and use of the building’s landscaping elements as teaching tools in the plant sciences
- A Deadly Mystery Slideshow features work of state biologist Scott Darling ’79 and others investigating the swift decline of bat populations
- Brother to Brother: UVM's Top Cats Video of the Tops Cats, UVM’s male a cappella group, on the