Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program – Summer 2015
Internship Opportunity through Argonne National Laboratory and the
American Society for Engineering Education
The Vermont Clean Cities Coalition (VTCCC) is a statewide program that was designated in 2001. The mission of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program is to advance the economic, environmental and energy security of the U.S. by supporting local decisions to adopt practices that contribute to reduced petroleum consumption in the transportation sector. The Vermont Clean Cities Coalition brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle‐reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies.
The VTCCC 2015 Summer Intern’s work plan will include a focus on promotion and deployment of AFVs, EV charging stations, and anti‐idling efforts on college campuses. This work will build off of the work completed by a former intern of the “Campus Sustainable Transportation Toolkit.” While that effort was on creating a guide, this effort will be focused on implementation of the guide recommendations. The following are the activities they will be completed over their summer internship:
- Focusing on Vermont Colleges/Universities research and collect data on the:
- Current use and promotion of AFVs
- Locations of existing/opportunities for EV charging stations
- Policies and efforts to reduce idling
- Update the VTCCC “Campus Toolkit” and create marketing materials directed to colleges/universities
about petroleum use reduction strategies.
- Contact and work with colleges/universities in the state to discuss AFVs, ATVs, and PEV stations
- Utilize relationships and synergies to expand VTCCC brand and coalition goals
- The intern will also participate and assist in a variety of the coalition’s outreach efforts including:
- Social media and website improvements.
- Monthly newsletter production.
- Recruitment of new fleet stakeholders.
- Assisting in fleet manager’s outreach.
- Assist with planning Clean Cities’ outreach events.
To apply visit http://www.cvent.com/d/5rq1fw
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cvent.com/d/5rq1fw →