Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Recent News & Announcements
03-26-15 Graduate Student Support
- SPA has updated its guidance on Graduate Student Support
- Link to Graduate Student Support guidance
03-25-15 Grant Proposal Manager Jeralyn Haraldsen
Office of the VP/Research announces a faculty grant support initiative
March 18, 2015
Dr. Richard Galbraith, UVM’s Vice President for Research, is pleased to announce the creation of a new full-time position housed in the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR), that will prioritize the support of faculty across campus and in all disciplines in the writing, submission, and oversight of large multi-disciplinary grant proposals.
Jeralyn Haraldsen, Ph.D. will begin work as the OVPR’s Grant Proposal Manager on April 1, 2015. In addition to larger proposals, and time permitting, Dr. Haraldsen will provide support and training to individual investigators and faculty members new to the grant writing process.
“The clear and overarching priority of the OVPR at this time is to support UVM faculty as they engage in the creation of knowledge, whether it be research, scholarship, or creative works,” said Galbraith. “We are pleased to have Dr. Haraldsen on our team and believe that she will prove to be an invaluable resource as we foster scholarly activities at UVM.”
Dr. Haraldsen was trained as a scientist and has broad and extensive experience in scientific ommunication. She has a B.S. in Biotechnology from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and went on to complete Ph.D. training in Molecular Microbiology at Tufts University in 2003, and postdoctoral training in parasitology and cellular microbiology at the University of Vermont in 2007. She was mentored in providing grant proposal support by working with the Office of Proposal Development at Tufts University. She is an active member of the National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP).
Since 2007, Dr. Haraldsen has assisted principal investigators from diverse disciplines in the preparation and submission of over 100 grant and federal contract proposals to a variety of funding agencies. She provides grantsmanship, writing, and editing support, with a focus on responsiveness to the funding agency’s requirements. In addition, she provides overall project management assistance for large or complex proposal submissions.
Prior to this position, Jeralyn was a grant specialist in the Division of Hematology / Oncology within the UVM College of Medicine (2013-2015), and served as a freelance scientific grant writing consultant and scientific editor (2008-2013).
02-27-15 New F&A Rates for FY15 to FY18
- UVM's DHHS F&A Rate Agreement was updated on February 24, 2015 with FY15 to FY18 rates - Rate Agreement
- Visit UVM Fact Sheet on SPA web site for for new rates in table format.
01-05-15 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Stipends, Tuition/Fees and Other Budgetary Levels Effective for Fiscal Year 2015
- (NOT-OD-15-048) National Institutes of Health
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Health Resources and Services Administration
01-05-15 Notice of Salary Limitation on Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Contracts
National Institutes of Health
01-05-15 NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards - FY2015
- (NOT-OD-15-050) National Institutes of Health
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Stipends, Tuition/Fees and Other Budgetary Levels Effective for Fiscal Year 2015
12-08-14 NIH Modification to Guidance on Marking Changes in Resubmission Applications
- NIH Modification to Guidance on Marking Changes in Resubmission Applications
- Notice Number: NOT-OD-15-030
- Key Dates: Release Date: December 4, 2014
- This Notice informs the applicant community of a modification for how NIH would like applicants to mark changes in their Resubmission applications.
- NIH has removed the requirement to identify 'substantial scientific changes' in the text of a Resubmission application by 'bracketing, indenting, or change of typography'.
- Effective immediately, it is sufficient to outline the changes made to the Resubmission application in the Introduction attachment.
- The Introduction must include a summary of substantial additions, deletions, and changes to the application.
- It must also include a response to weaknesses raised in the Summary Statement.
- The page limit for the Introduction may not exceed one page unless indicated otherwise in the Table of Page Limits.
Inquiries: Please direct all inquiries to: NIH Grants Information
Telephone: 301-435-0714 Email: email@example.com
10/09/14 OMB Uniform Guidance
The Office of
Budget has issued new guidance for managing Federal sponsored activity.
Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements
Federal Awards; Final Rule” will take effect December 26th, 2014
and will replace all governing circulars, including A-21, A-110 and
to the guidance
UVM's Implementation of the OMB Uniform Guidance
- OMB Uniform Guidance Implementation Project
- October 9, 2014 - Project Kick-off - powerpoint
- In preparation for the December 26th, 2014 implementation date, a steering committee has been formed to analyze the guidance and determine focus areas for the University.
- The steering committee is led by Jennifer Gagnon, Associate Vice President for Research Administration, and Claire Burlingham, University Controller, with representation from Sponsored Project Administration, Cost Accounting Services, Procurement Services and Compliance Services.
- Over the past several months, the steering committee has identified and grouped the highest priority components of the guidance to be reviewed in depth by subcommittees comprised with representatives from central administrative offices and academic units.
- Each subcommittee is led by a member of the steering committee and is responsible for determining the impact of the new regulations to existing policy and process, creating new training materials and revising policies and procedures where needed.
- The subcommittee work is being kicked off in October with primary assessment results due back to the steering committee by the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Please continue to check this website for updates as the committees continue their work.
|03/26/15||Updated Graduate Student Support guidance||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|03/25/15||Grant Proposal Manager - Jeralyn Haroldsen||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|02/27/15||New F&A Rate Agreement for FY15 to FY18||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|01/05/15||NRSA Stipends, Tuition/Fees 2015||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|01/05/15||NIH Notice of Salary Limitation on Grants 2015||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|01/05/15||NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards 2015||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|12/18/14||UVM and SPA will be closed for winter break||no link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|12/08/14||NIH Modification to Guidance on Making Changes in Resubmission Applicartions||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|11/04/14||Sudha Ramaswami, Director of SPA||pdf link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/24/14||NSF MRI Program||pdf link||UVM||NSF Investigators|
|10/10/14||New Delegation Feaures in InfoEd||web link||UVM||Deans Directors Chairs|
|10/09/14||OMB Uniform Guidance||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/08/14||InfoEd offline tonight for maintenance||no link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/06/14||NIH Operates Under Continuing Resolution||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|09/02/14||NIH Fundamentals Webinar Sept 12 2014||flyer
|06/13/14||Graduate Student Benefits Memo||pdf link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|05/28/14||InfoEd Upgrade Successfully Completed||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|05/08/14||InfoEd Upgrade May 27, 2014 Off-Line Dates||no link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|05/02/14||Updated Fringe Benefit Rates||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|04/30/14||Jennifer Gagnon, Associate VP Rsrch Admin||pdf link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|04/21/14||Liquidation Expiration Date||web link||Federal||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|02/25/14||Training UOPs Advance Accts and Resid Bals||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|02/07/14||Guidance for NIH RPPR on SNAP Awards||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|01/17/14||NIH Increases Salary Cap||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|12/18/13||Winter Break 12/23/13 to 01/01/14||no link||UVM||UVM|
|10/28/13||NIH Operating under Continuing Resolution||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|10/24/13||NSF Revised Deadlines||web link||NSF||NSF Investigators|
|10/23/13||NIH Guidance re Applications Submitted||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|10/23/13||NSF's Major Research Instrumentation (MRI)||web link||NSF||UVM Faculty|
|10/21/13||NIH Notice Number NOT-OD-14-003||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|10/18/13||NIH & NSF Resumption of Operations||web link||NIH & NSF||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/17/13||Federal Shutdown has Ended||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/10/13||Federal Government Partial Shut Down - Update||web link||UVM||UVM Faculty/Staff|
|10/01/13||Impact of Govt Shutdown at UVM||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|10/01/13||Government Shutdown||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|09/18/13||Reach Grant Program for Faculty||web link||UVM||Faculty|
|09/06/13||NIH Form Changes Sept 25, 2013||web link||UVM||NIH Investigators|
|07/17/13||List of projects affected by POs...||excel document||UVM||Administrators|
|06/03/13||Sequestration 2013 updates||web link||UVM||All|
|02/26/13||New SPTP Class on March 13, 2013||web link||UVM||Administrators|
|02/05/13||InfoEd Oracle upgrade done - Feb 6, 2013||none||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|12/15/12||InfoEd Upgrade Completed||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|12-05-12||Cost Transfers Involving Sponsored Agreements||web link||UVM||Administrators|
|10/08/12||Seminar - Write Winning Grant Proposals||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|09/07/12||SPA Research Administrator Assignment Changes||UVM||UVM Invesigators|
|08/23/12||New Financial Conflict of Interest Policy||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|08/13/12||FY 2012 Annual Reports||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|06/29/12||New Cost Policy effective July 1, 2012||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|06/21/12||Recognition Allocation Reporting||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|03/02/12||PIVOT Funding and Collaboration Tool||web link||UVM||UVM Investigators|
|01/25/12||Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Stipends, Tuition/Fees and Other Budgetary Levels Effective for Fiscal Year 2012||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|01/25/12||Notice of Salary Limitation on Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Contracts||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|01/25/12||NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards FY 2012||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|10/24/11||Research Development and Grant Writing News||web link|
|10/07/11||Data Management information now available||web link word||NSF||NSF Investigators|
|09/21/11||PeopleSoft Search for Awards by Name||CATSKILL|
|09/15/11||Research Commercialization Webinar Series||UVM Campus|
|09/14/11||NSF BIO Directorate Proposal Processing Changes||word||NSF||NSF Investigators|
|08/24/11||FY11 Annual Reports now available||web link||UVM campus|
|07/07/11||Announcing Sponsored Project Administration (SPA)||UVM campus|
|05/04/11||NIH Salary Cap||web link||NIH||NIH Investigators|
|03/10/11||New NSF Requirement for Training in Research Ethics||NSF Investigators|
|01/01/11||Measurable Effort and Cost Sharing||All||UVM Campus|
Last modified March 26 2015 12:12 PM