Annual Call for James M. Jeffords Grant Proposals
- By Kerry Castano
James M. Jeffords Fund Annual Request for Proposals
The Office of the Provost invites proposals to the James M. Jeffords Grant Program for Policy Studies.
The James M. Jeffords Fund was established to support activities and projects that reflect one or more of the following areas of interest to Senator Jeffords: education, agriculture, environment, public works, and government. The intention of this grant program is to support efforts related to and advancing public policy and policy studies in these areas, with a preference for projects with broad impact, but also a clear immediate or future potential impact on Vermont/Vermont policy. When appropriate, successful proposals will demonstrate the potential for leveraging other funds. Activities and projects may include (but are not limited to) lectures, debates, symposia, visiting professors, distinguished speakers, faculty time and research related support, student support, and outreach efforts to the state.
All salaried University of Vermont faculty are eligible to apply; faculty members may only participate in one proposal. Up to $20,000 will be awarded annually and it is expected that multiple projects will be funded each year. An advisory committee will be appointed annually to advise the Provost on the selection of grants for funding.
1. The project description should contain the following elements:
- Project plan
- Project timeline
- Expected outcomes or deliverables
- The date a brief final report will be submitted
2. An itemized budget, noting the fiscal year in which expenses will occur
- This call is for projects that will begin in FY19
- If the project budget includes salary, it must also include fringe benefits
- If the proposal’s objective is to bring guests to the University, it must identify the department and individual that will host the visit and support all related logistics
- Proposal format: two-page narrative, one-page budget, 1” margins, 11-point font
- Submission Deadline: 4:30 pm, March 23, 2018
- Applications should be submitted to Provost David Rosowsky, care of Kerry.Castano@uvm.edu; please note “Jeffords Grant Proposal” in the subject line of the transmitting e-mail
Funding decisions will be announced April 13, 2018.