The 26th President of the University of Vermont
Uninsured Vermonters: Early Application Deadline Approaches
Those Without Health Insurance Are Encouraged to Enroll by December 23
- By Rodman W. Cory
Vermont residents with no health insurance coverage should work to identify their best option on the Vermont Health Connect website, then enroll for insurance coverage before the enrollment period closes. Although the open enrollment deadline has been extended to March 31, 2014, Vermonters are encouraged to sign up for healthcare sooner rather than later. Coverage can start as early as January 1 for those who enroll by December 23.
Here are the deadlines to be aware of:
- Extended Early Application Deadline: December 23, 2013
- Coverage Starts for Early Applicants: January 1, 2014
- Early Applicant Payment Due: January 7, 2014
- Current Open Enrollment Period Ends: March 31, 2014
- Next Open Enrollment Period Opens: November 15, 2014
If you have health insurance coverage that suits you and meets the minimum requirements set out by the federal government (which the UVM plan does), you do not need to make any changes. (More details about this are available on UVM's Affordable Care Act page.)
Questions? See the Vermont Health Connect website.