The 26th President of the University of Vermont
Staff Nominations Sought for Board of Trustees Audit Committee
Open Nomination Period for the Board of Trustees Standing Committee extended to March 22, 2013
- By Staff Council
Staff Council has extended the nomination period for staff * who wish to serve on University of Vermont Board of Trustees Audit Committee.
- Nominations for the Audit Committee have been extended to Friday, March 22, 2013.
- All completed Nomination Forms should be sent to the Staff Council Office, 313 Waterman Building, Burlington, VT 05405. You may also email your form to Staff.Council@uvm.edu or fax it to 802-656-8790.
- An appointments will be determined by the Staff Council President and announced during the week of March 25, 2013. The appointed individuals will begin a year term of service as soon as possible
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to the attention of Jeff Bukowski, Staff Council Office Administrator at Staff.Council@uvm.edu or 802-656-8767.
The Audit Committee is responsible for overseeing the quality and integrity of the University’s financial statements, ensuring institutional compliance with mandatory auditing standards, and evaluating institutional systems of risk assessment and internal controls.
The Committee will review and monitor progress on annual plans for audits and related services; select and interact with independent auditors; assess management’s response to audit findings; and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of institutional accounting procedures, the internal audit function, and institutional systems of risk assessment, internal control, and reporting.
For more information about Board of Trustees Audit Committee, please visit:
- One year term with the option of reappointment in March 2014.
- On average, this Committee meets approximately every other month for 2 hours with the February meeting held in conjunction with the winter Board meeting.
- The Audit Committee Representative will be expected to write a short summary after each Audit Committee meeting for distribution among Staff Council and the UVM Staff Community.
- The Representative may also be requested to attend occasional Staff Council Meetings.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, March 22, 2013 and an appointment will be announced during the week of February 25th. The individual chosen will begin the term of service as soon as possible.
* You must be a permanent non-represented staff member to be eligible for this volunteer role. This means that in order to serve you cannot be a member of a collective bargaining unit.