The 26th President of the University of Vermont
President's Commission on the Status of Women
The President's Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW) strives to give an institutional voice to UVM women. We are students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds and experiences, and we work together on issues that are important for the UVM community. The purpose of PCSW is to ensure an environment of equity for all women at UVM through; 1) researching and monitoring policies and issues, 2) reporting findings, and 3) proposing new policies and programs directly to the President of UVM.
The mission of the President’s Commission on the Status of Women is to
make recommendations to the President, acting as a catalyst and advocate in
enhancing the institutional voice of, and ensuring an environment of equity
for, all women at UVM. The full participation of all women within a supportive,
safe, and affirming campus community enriches and strengthens the University.
The objectives of the Commission are to:
- Research, monitor and report on the status of women on campus, and of the institution’s commitment to equity and justice for all University women.
- Identify major needs and topics of concern.
- Propose policies and programs to address these needs and concerns, and to promote, maintain and publicize strategic focus on these issues.
- Collaborate with campus organizations with complementary goals and objectives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of any proposed policies and initiatives upon implementation.
Last modified January 07 2013 06:30 PM