The 26th President of the University of Vermont
President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion
The mission of the President’s Commission on Diversity and Inclusion is to make recommendations to the President, acting as a catalyst and advocate in furthering the University’s goal of creating a community of mutual engagement for all identity groups. There are multitudes of ways in which we may differ: age, economic class, religion, linguistic history, national origin, physical abilities, and social background, to name a few. The goal of the University is to engage all identity groups to be full members of the campus community.
The objectives of the Commission are to:
- Research, monitor, and report on the status of various identity groups on campus, and of institutional efforts to combat bias within the UVM community.
- Identify major needs and topics of concern.
- Propose policies and programs to address these needs and concerns, and to promote, maintain and publicize strategic focus on these issues.
- Collaborate with campus organizations with complementary goals and objectives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of any proposed policies and initiatives upon implementation.
Last modified January 07 2013 06:04 PM