Ag Financial Management Education
UVM Ext Ag Business Educators are available for individual consultations related to business issues associated with COVID-19. Coaching sessions are available via phone or video meetings for farm, forest an/or maple businesses. Educators can help with critical business decision-making, assessing changes to markets, financial planning and other issues facing your enterprises.
Contact one of the educators by email or by leaving a voicemail to make an appointment:
- Mark Cannella (Farm and Maple Business): 802-476-2003 x207 Mark.Cannella@uvm.edu
- Beth Holtzman (early stage/homestead farms): firstname.lastname@example.org 802-476-2003 x204.
- Tony Kitsos (Farm Business): 802-524-6501 x440 Tony.Kitsos@uvm.edu
- Chris Lindgren (Forest and Maple Business): 802-773-3349 x274 Christopher.Lindgren@uvm.edu
- Betsy Miller (Farm Business): 802-447-7582 x252 Betsy.Miller@uvm.edu *available for Friday appointments only
- Mary Peabody (Farm Labor Issues): 802-598-4878 (call or text) Mary.Peabody@uvm.edu
- Zac Smith (Farm Business and Ag Business Marketing): 802-524-6501 x446 Zachary.M.Smith@uvm.edu
Farm Viability and Forest Business Plan Development
Technical assistance is available for farm and forest product business owners interested in working more indepth enterprise analysis and cash flow planning, business planning and transfer planning. Participants are enrolled via an application process. Visit the Farm Viability or Forest Business pages for more information and to download the application materials.
Introduction to Farm Financial Statements Tutorials
UVM Extension's Farm Business Management program has produce a series of short online tutorials to provide a basic understanding of farm financial statements. These 5-10 minute videos will provide education on the following topics:
- the farm balance sheet,
- developing a cash flow budget, and,
- using an income statement to measure profitability.
- Viewers will gain a basic understanding of farm financial vocabulary and learn how to prepare these statements that they can use to manage the success of the business.
Link to the Farm Financial Statements Tutorials
For more information: Mark Cannella.
Last modified August 25 2020 03:51 PM