Would you like to share information, workshops or opportunities with new farmers?
We’ll help you reach new farmers through our website, blog, e-list, Facebook & Twitter.
About the New Farmer Project: Quick Guides
The following flyers provide "at-a-glance" information about resources for beginning farmers and the agricultural service providers who work with them. We invite you to download them and print them off for your own reference and to share with others.
General Information about Vermont's New Farmers
- About Vermont's New Farmers. This one-page flier provides a brief overview of the demographics of beginning farmers in Vermont and their importance to Vermont's food system and agricultural economy.
Services & Programs for Beginning Farmers
- Overview of the Vermont New Farmer Network. With funding from the USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, nonprofit and public agencies are partnering to build a coordinated program of education, technical assistance, coaching and mentoring for beginning farmers throughout Vermont and the adjoining region.
- Overview of UVM's New Farmer Project. Learn about the resources -- both online-and on-the-ground -- offered by the New Farmer Project.
- Service Provider Quick Guide. Find out how the New Farmer Project can help you better serve your aspiring and beginning farmers clients. The 2-page guide outlines services offered by the project and ways you can plug in.
New Farmer Project Courses
- 2012-2013 New Farmer Project Classes & Courses. Here's an "at-a-glance" guide to courses and classes the New Farmer Project is offering this fall and winter. It includes dates and locations, times, and the topics covered in each course.
The New Farmer Project hosts monthly webinars, and all are recorded and posted on our website. Webinars focus on topics relevant to beginning farmers. Click on the link below to download the flyer.
Resource Guide for Vermont's New and Aspiring Farmers Hand-Out. Developed by the member organizations of the Vermont New Farmer Network, the Resource Guide provides a good overview of the challenges facing beginning farmers, as well as a comprehesive listing of organizations serving New Farmers in VT. This hand-out is designed to help publicize the guide and get the URL to those who might use it.
Last modified August 07 2012 01:35 PM