The Summer Research Winners
- Yolanda Flores (Romance Languages and Linguistics)
- Katie Gough (Theater)
- Cynthia Reyes and Shana Haines (Department of Education)
Summer Research Award
$7000 awards for faculty in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts
The Humanities Center and the Office of the Vice President for Research are excited to announce the creation of three new Summer Research Awards to fund faculty members in Humanities, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences. The Center and OVPR will provide one-time awards of $7,000 to the selected recipients in each field. The $7,000 awards can be used as a stipend or for expenses – but is issued in one lump sum and will be subject to taxes.
Interested faculty members should submit applications electronically by 4:00 p.m on March 2, 2018 to Luis Vivanco (email@example.com).
Applications should include:
- Name, contact information,including address and affiliation (if any)
- Category of award for which you are applying (Humanities, Fine Arts, or Social Sciences). Please note, unless otherwise specified and for interdisciplinary projects, the award review committee will determine the appropriate category.
- A brief work plan for the period June 1 - August 15 that will guide the researcher's summer research activities.
- A budget, no longer than one page, outlining proposed usage of PDF.
- Two-page CV.
Requirements for Selected Recipients
- Submit a report summarizing completed activities (3-5 pages) by October 1.
- Acknowledge the Humanities Center and OVPR in related publications or activities.
- Agree to serve on selection committee for future Summer Research Fellowship
Last modified September 21 2017 12:06 PM