Excel Certificate Program
This Certificate Program offers eligible employees the ability to earn a certificate that proves they've completed the requirements necessary with a demonstrated level of proficiency in Excel. Information for the 2018 Excel certificate program will be announced Fall, 2017.
Eligibility: All UVM Staff and Faculty who register for and attend the Professional Development & Training classes outlined below.
- Completion of either OPTION 1 or OPTION 2 as described below
- Completion, with a passing grade of 85% or higher, of the program’s final exam
- All classes must be taken on the same version of the software. Professional Development & Training is currently conducting classes using Office 2016.
Option 1: Participants must attend all 10 Excel classes and pass the program’s final exam with a grade of 85% or higher.
The 10 Program classes are:
- Excel – Basics Part 1 (CPT055)
- Excel – Basics Part 2 (CPT056)
- Excel – Basics Part 3 (CPT057)
- Excel – Intermediate (CPT058)
- Excel – Formulas Basics (CPT059)
- Excel – Formulas Intermediate Part 1 (CPT060)
- Excel – Formulas Intermediate Part 2 (CPT068)
- Excel – Macros Basics (CPT061)
- Excel – Pivot Tables Basics (CPT062)
- Excel – Pivot Tables Advanced (CPT069)
Option 2: Participants can test out of the three basics classes (Excel – Basics Part 1, Excel – Basics Part 2, and Excel – Basics Part 3), but must attend the remaining 7 Excel classes. Participants who select OPTION 2 must also pass the Excel final exam with a grade of 85% or higher.
Final Exam (CPT052): An exam will be administered by Professional Development & Training after all 10 Excel classes have been conducted. The final exam must be taken in person and will not be offered online. A passing grade of 85% or higher is required to receive a certificate.
Excel Basics Test-Out Exam(CPT047): Participants who feel they have a sufficient base knowledge of Excel 2016 can opt to take the Professional Development & Training test-out exam. A passing grade of 85% or higher is required to test out of the three basic-level Excel classes (CPT055, CPT056, and CPT057).
NOTE: If you require accommodations for test-taking, please contact Professional Development & Training at (802) 656-5800 or email ProfessionalDevelopment@uvm.edu with your requests.
Participants who complete the course requirements (either OPTION 1 or OPTION 2) and pass the final exam with a grade of 85% or higher will receive an Excel Certificate of Completion. Note that this is not a Microsoft provided certificate. It is a certificate of completion provided by Professional Development & Training at The University of Vermont.
Last modified July 14 2017 02:05 PM